Social Life Focus
We invest in the social AND spiritual life of our congregation in many ways. We encourage and support members and friends in their interaction outside of worship, providing opportunities for fun and relaxation together. At the same time, we feel strongly about our role in our members’ and friends’ life journeys, and are always looking for ways to sustain and uplift everyone who walks through our doors.
Social Life Coordinating Team
Many fun and exciting activities fall under the banner of the Social Life Coordinating Team, each spearheaded by a task force or chair. Some of these social opportunities are ongoing, while others occur at specific times throughout the year. Everything listed represents a chance for members and friends to get together and enjoy each others company. For information on any of these activities, or to suggest new ideas, please see the Social Life Team Chair, Cindy Hamon, after church.
- We gather after worship for Coffee and Conversation each Sunday. Volunteers provide a snack and serve the church’s donated coffee. You are invited to join us for our annual Easter Sunday Hot Cross Bun event right after church on April 5, 2015. Would you like to help on this or any event. See the sign-up sheet in the kitchen if you would like to help host a coffee hour; set up tables and chairs; wash dishes or vacuum afterwards. We celebrate in your joining in on the fun.
- Share a meal and great conversation with six to eight new and old friends once a month (or whenever you can) with Pilgrim Dinner Friends. The host is given a list of names and then coordinates the meal by selecting the date, providing the main dish, and calling the participants to bring the remaining courses.
- The Outdoor Ministries program provides a unique opportunity for persons of all ages to experience Christian love and community. Camp Mimanagish is open from the first weekend in May through the summer to Labor Day weekend. The camp offers both youth camps ranging from grades 3 to 12 and adult camps for all ages. It also plays host to many UCC and non-UCC related camps. Anyone wanting to schedule an event can call the camp during the season or the UCC conference office during the winter months.
- The Greening of the Church involves our whole church family and is an important holiday tradition at Pilgrim.
- The Christmas Carol Sing-a-long Potluck puts you in the holiday mood. Contact the Social Life Task Force for more details.
- Pilgrim sponsors Boy Scout Troop #677.
- Two Rummage Sales, one in the Fall and one in the Spring, provide fellowship opportunities as well as mission funds!
- In the summer we have a Picnic at Red Cliff Campground on the Gallatin River after services at Soldier’s Chapel in Big Sky. Another summer tradition is the Annual Solstice Softball Game.
- Shine and Dine is Pilgrim’s specially scheduled talent show with food, of course, to make it fun for everyone. New acts surface every year for Shine and Dine.
- The annual Mother’s Day breakfast provided by the men of Pilgrim, is an important tradition, dedicated to getting all the moms out of the kitchen. It typically occurs right after church on Mother’s Day Sunday. This event is rivaled only by the annual Father’s Day brunch hosted by the Women of Pilgrim. Lifelong friendships and important spiritual contacts have begun with something as simple as sharing a meal or a song. If you would like to know more, consult our Get Involved section.