MANY, MANY thanks to the Congregation for your generosity in buying items for the hygiene kits to be distributed by Church World Service. The Social Justice Team had a goal of 50 and we received enough items to assemble 52! The Sunday School children assembled the kits on Sunday, October 8th. Hopefully, some of our kits will be sent to the Caribbean to be used by victims of Hurricane Irma.
At it's September meeting the Social Justice Team voted to donate:
- $500 to the United Church of Christ Disaster Ministries for aid to hurricane victims
- $500 to the United Way of Missoula County which has set up funds to help the victims of area fires
- $250 went to the Lolo Peak Fire Fund
- $250 went to the Seeley Lake/Rice Ridge Fire Fund
- $250 was donated to the Help Center which offers suicide intervention and prevention, child advocacy and sexual assault counseling
- $250 went to the home visit program at Thrive which has had funds cut lately. Thrive offers education and support for children and parents.
Pilgrim raised $5,330 of the $17,000 raised in Gallatin Valley for the 2017 CROP Walk! CROP Walk feeds the hungry locally and globally.
Our Literacy Book Sales donated $500 to the Bozeman Headstart and $500 for the Belgrade Headstart in September of 2017.
- $250 to the Gallatin Re-entry program
- $500 to the UCC Emergency USA Fund-Louisiana Flood
- $400 Bozeman School District- Homeless Students
- $210 to the Montana Assoc. of Christians MAC Day
- $230 in Good Samaritan Support
- $1130 for local Literacy Programs
- $600 to the Salvation Army
- $500 to the Community Cafe
- $500 to International Rescue Committee
- 79 pairs of Gym Shoes for homeless students with 30 of those pairs coming from The Bozeman Running Company
- 15 huge bags of gifts for the Warm Springs Patients