MANY, MANY thanks to the Congregation for your generosity in buying items for the hygiene kits to be distributed by Church World Service. The Social Justice Team had a goal of 50 and we received enough items to assemble 52! The Sunday School children assembled the kits on Sunday, October 8th. Hopefully, some of our kits will be sent to the Caribbean to be used by victims of Hurricane Irma.
At it's September meeting the Social Justice Team voted to donate:
- $500 to the United Church of Christ Disaster Ministries for aid to hurricane victims
- $500 to the United Way of Missoula County which has set up funds to help the victims of area fires
- $250 went to the Lolo Peak Fire Fund
- $250 went to the Seeley Lake/Rice Ridge Fire Fund
- $250 was donated to the Help Center which offers suicide intervention and prevention, child advocacy and sexual assault counseling
- $250 went to the home visit program at Thrive which has had funds cut lately. Thrive offers education and support for children and parents.